Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Freezer Meals #18

I had a lot of empty space in the freezer, so it was time to put together some freezer meals - it's been awhile.  I went through my old recipes and picked out a few to do.  I bought the groceries on a Monday morning, worked all day, then came home after work to assemble them.  Sounds like a lot of work at the end of the day but it went fast!
I started by setting out all of the things I would need, along with my recipes.  It helped to keep me organized.  I loaded the dishwasher as I went along, so by the time I was finished I could wipe down the counters, store the bags, and be done!
It helps to label the bags in advance, so that's what I do before I assemble each one.
This time around I made:

Buffalo Chicken - 1 c. buffalo wing sauce with 3 tablespoons (1 packet) ranch seasoning and 2 T butter over 3 large chicken breasts, each cut in half.  Cook on low in crockpot for 7-8 hours and serve over rice.

BBQ Pork Ribs - I put pre-seasoned country style boneless pork ribs in a gallon zip loc and added about a cup of sriracha BBQ sauce.  Will cook on low 7-8 hours. (These we have already had and they were soooo good!)

Apple Garlic Pork Loin - I used a pound or so of pork tenderloin and added that to the bag with 2 peeled and chopped gala apples, several smashed cloves of garlic, 2 t Italian seasoning, 1/4 c. olive oil, S&P.  This makes its' own juice so I didn't add water this time.  It can cook 7-8 hours on low and I will slice and serve with mashed potatoes.

Roast and Gravy -  I mixed a can of cream of mushroom soup with a packet of onion soup mix and poured it over a 3# chuck roast in the bag, then tossed in some frozen chopped mushrooms from the freezer. I will cook this on low at least 8 hours and serve with mashed potatoes.

Tacos al Pastor - I LOVE this recipe.  Cut up 1 pound pork tenderloin into 1 inch chunks.  Add to a large zip loc bag with one 8oz. can drained pineapple chunks, 1/2 c. chopped fresh cilantro, 1 medium chopped onion, 1 T. chili powder, 1 t. cumin, 1 t. oregano, 1 t. black pepper, 1 t. chopped garlic, 3/4 t. salt.  Freeze.  Day of cooking, thaw.  Cook mixture in hot oil in a large non-stick skillet over med-high heat, stirring often, 10 minutes or until pork is cooked.  Serve with warm tortillas.
Cowboy Chicken - This is a recipe from The Girl.  I did make homemade salsa for it and used some leftover corn off the cob from a recent cookout.

Cranberry Onion Chicken (not pictured) - I made this to use up a can of cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving.  Of last year.  My bad.  I added a packet of onion soup mix to the canned cranberry sauce and poured it over three chicken breasts in a gallon zip loc.  I will cook it on low 7-8 hours and serve with rice.

Pulled Pork - your basic pork roast with a spicy BBQ sauce poured over.  I will cook on low 7-8 hours, shred the meat, and serve on buns.
******
The day after I made all of these, we got a shipment of seafood from The Girl - the annual company gift she gets but can never use so she sends it our way.  Our freezer is very full now and I can look forward to some easy grocery budget weeks!




No comments: