Friday, July 27, 2018

5 thing Friday - scrubs, kittens, beer, lake, walnut trees

I recently bought a couple new pair of scrub pants and 4 new tops and holy cow, stop me from buying any more work clothes!  They are taking over an entire rack in our closet!  But I love that I am not having to do work laundry in a panic on Sunday nights like I did when I worked in an office or in retail.  And there's literally nothing more comfortable than scrubs.
Dressing for work couldn't be easier.  Just like wearing pj's.
The Girl is really into fostering kitties.  She claims not to be a cat person, but I don't think you can say the same for Teddy.  When she sends me photos like this, it makes me want a kitten of my own...
The decals we put on our glasses at Save the World are still holding up.  And you can see by their beer club glasses that they are a popular place.  We waited in line for beer for maybe close to 20 minutes, but the owners are so friendly and never rush you.  Plus, people talk while in line.  And Hubby and I met a nice couple who also have 4 kids and are the owners of a popular burger joint with live music in Burnet.  So guess where we are having dinner tomorrow?
Buchanan Lake is feeling the pinch of not enough rain.  We aren't on the lake proper, but our hill looks out over the Council Creek arm.  Driving along 137 last Sunday we could see lots of 'sometimes islands' and receding lake. 
I recently installed an app on my phone to help me identify the various trees and such.  From the photo above I discovered we have a grove of American Walnut trees next to the barn.  I'm not sure how they originally came to be there, but they are young trees, just now producing fruit.  If we live long enough, we will get walnuts from them someday!




1 comment:

Danielle L Zecher said...

I love the dog and kitten together, so sweet!