Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Weekend re-cap - Bell Springs and bust...

{I took pitifully few pics from the weekend...}
I had pretty high hopes for a relaxing and fun Saturday with my peeps!  I was so happy it was finally Friday!  The crock pot pork tacos for dinner were wonderful and I got to sit and chat with The Girl and Firstborn for awhile afterwards.  I went to bed at a reasonable time and didn't feel particularly tired or bad at all...
Then Saturday arrived.  I felt queasy right off the bat, but attributed it to needing breakfast.  Hubby made us all giant pancakes with blueberry syrup, and I seemed to feel a little worse after eating, so I lay down for a little while.  But I got up and at 'em after a shower, packed our picnic tote with snacks, and we headed out to Dripping Springs.
We got all settled in at the winery, got our wine, got our lunches...and I thought "I really feel terrible".  The heat wasn't excessive and there was a nice breeze...live music...happy people...but I was struggling.  We had been there maybe an hour when suddenly I felt like I was going to vomit - and I did - into a spare grocery sack I had brought with our picnic snacks. 
So random.  I never do that.
(It's weird that the other folks out there didn't seem to notice...) We stayed for a little while longer, but I couldn't eat or drink a drop and was fading fast.  Hubby picked up our wine and we headed home.  I lay down in my bed at 3 p.m. and was asleep until 8 the next morning.  Hubby and The Girl went to a local craft brewery for the rest of the afternoon on Saturday, then he grilled some bacon wrapped burgers and corn on the cob.  Scout and Dutch forgot they were supposed to come for dinner - just as well, I guess.  On Sunday we did nothing but relax, and The Girl headed back to Houston around lunch time.  And I was back in bed by 6 p.m.  So I didn't work Sunday as planned, and I called out for Monday, too. Not a stellar weekend.
I feel like the weekend as a whole was a bust, but at least I was the only one sick!  The Girl assures me she will be back in a couple of weeks, so I can look forward to a do-over!  


No comments: