Friday, June 29, 2018

Travel meds for Mabel

Most of the things I need over a weekend at Highlands fits into my hanging organizer.  But occasionally I would rummage through there and not find something either Hubby or I needed...and it seems like I was running out of room.  Sometimes I would run across something I needed in one of the trailer's overhead bins.  Or the big first aid kit in the barn. But there had to be a better way to get organized.
My toiletries hanging organizer is a great place for a couple of things for me, and Hubby has his own overnight tote, too.  But it would be better to have a central stash of stuff we could keep in Mabel - things we seem to need every weekend.
I found this cute first aid travel case at Target and thought "PERFECT!".  For $3, I could put together some basic meds that can live in the trailer - things we wouldn't forget if we were just up there for a day.
It's pretty flat, so I organized the meds in zip locs.  I pulled out an assortment of the things we seem to need most often:
Ibuprofen, acetominophen, Rolaids, Sudafed, Benedryl, omeprazole, Alka-Seltzer, and some other miscellany that is good to have on hand.  While we do have a full-out first aid kit in the barn, it's a pain to go digging through it late at night when you just want headache or tummy or allergy relief!
I labeled all of the bags and wrote expiration dates - very important.  Then placed all of the ziplocs into the pouch.  Had I had those snack ziplocs it might have been less snug.  But I didn't - haven't bought those since my peeps were little!
 All packed up!
 
 And loaded into my travel tote - ready to be taken to Mabel!




No comments: