Friday, August 18, 2017

Updated basket liners

I have these baskets sitting on the counter that hold all the vitamins and meds that Hubby and I  take on a regular basis - it looks like a lot, but it's not all that impressive, trust me. It's just that the bottles are big for those gummie vitamins.  And there might be a bottle or two in there almost empty.  Anyhoo...
The liners were starting to show their age.  When I did my recent kitchen spruce up and washed them, they pretty much fell apart.  I have less time nowadays to craft than I ever did, but I knew I could remedy this.
 
I really love this colorful stripe.  Its from IKEA many years ago, and I love the colors.  But sadly, I couldn't repair those torn seams.
So I bought some pretty red damask patterned fabric and whipped up another couple liners, using the old ones as a pattern.  Not hard.
I would love to have more cabinet space to put these in, but having them here is a reminder of sorts, so here they live, next to the coffee pot.  A quick little sewing project, for sure, and a cheerful update.
Now, on to the weekend!




1 comment:

bj said...

i love baskets of any kind...and your new liners are great.