Friday, August 25, 2017

5 thing Friday - graffiti art, lasagna, party, eclipse, sick day

 Bubbie has been at loose ends this summer - not enough hours scheduled at his job, no summer classes, no marching band or summer campouts.  I'm sure he's bored.
He's spent a lot of down time in his room when I cannot drag him out to go somewhere or to eat.  And one of the things he's been into is making these mini graffiti posters to hang on his wall.
They are very intricate and colorful.  Who knew he was such an artist?  He loved art in school, but band and scouts took up so much free time.  I asked him to make me one for my locker at work.  And he already decorated one of the Jenga blocks at Highlands.  I was thinking I could scan one or two and make them into cards or such.  Me likey.
I made a dish of lasagna using a recipe from one of the blogs I follow.  I used my homemade marinara, too.  It was delish, and made enough for me to put some aside for another meal.
Just look at all that cheese!
Mostly Dollar Tree stuff for a going away snacks party for a co-worker.  I have rediscovered DT mostly because of this blog.  The talavera tray I found at HEB and almost purged it on my last kitchen clean-out; I used it for dip and crackers.
I bought a $1 sandwich box and used it for dip.  Genius!
 The eclipse happened.
Around 1 p.m. we stepped out onto the patio to see the very strangely shaped shadows of leaves and double shadows of our hands.  That was about the extent of our "eclipse watching party".
Yesterday I took a sick day from work.  I felt generally terrible all over and had an episode of vertigo.  I wasn't sleepy, but I spent hours in bed, reading.  Around 5 p.m. I finally got up and showered and put clothes on.  Then I ordered catfish take-out for Hubby to pick up.  We are supposed to get lots of rain in the next few days due to the hurricane, so it looks like I will get even more reading time...I am making my way through the Outlander series and really enjoying it.  
On to the weekend!




5 comments:

Simply LKJ said...

Wow, he is quite talented. The lasagna looks so yummy. Miss that since we can't eat all that yummy cheese. Hope you are feeling better and stay dry.

The Happy Whisk said...

Are you feeling better today? Very cool on the art.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

That art is wonderful! I took a creative lettering class this summer, and one of the exercises was to make graffiti art. I wasn't very good at it, but developed a great appreciation for it.

Rustown Mom said...

Feeling much better! Staying busy inside all weekend due to Harvey!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Wow I love those drawings! You really should copy and turn them into note cards! Sorry you were under the weather -- I hate feeling bad in the summer when the weather is nice but then again, it IS nice to take that time to sleep and be lazy and get refreshed! Yum to both the lasagna AND the fish!