Monday, July 28, 2014

Mealplan Monday #121 and why I'm thankful on Sundays

It's nice to come home on Sundays to a hot meal and a clean and happy home.  It's one of the things I am most thankful for as a working mama.  I'm not so picky anymore about everything being perfectly clean and straight - as long as there's not a big mess in the kitchen and the den, I'm mostly OK with it. And as for the menu planning and food prep, it's worth the work during the week to make it happen - having a calm and restful meal together on Sunday gets the week started off right!
******
Monday - Shredded Pork Tacos with all the fixings
Tuesday - Pizza, salad
Wednesday - Hash Brown Taco Skillet,* corn
Thursday - Italian Baked Sammie, salad
Friday - Tilapia, sauteed squash, lime cilantro slaw
Saturday - Dad grill
Sunday - BLT's on sourdough with tomato soup
Dessert this week will be Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cookies
*I am adapting this recipe for HOT weather!
******
 The stuffed shells I made on the last freezer meals go-round turned out pretty great.  I write the instructions on the foil, so Hubby needs no reminders.  After 15 years of me working on the weekends, we have our system worked out!
And He makes a mean salad with just about everything he can find in the fridge.  A glass of wine, a shower, a good night's sleep - all a good way to end the day.
  Bring on Monday.






No comments: