Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Easy Summer supper: Italian Layer Bake

Oh, my yum...this was a great recipe so I really had to share!  Go here for the original - I made a few minor changes based on what I already had in my fridge.

Italian Layer Bake
2 tubes cresent rolls
8 oz each turkey and ham from the deli, sliced thin
8 oz sliced pepperoni or salami
8-10 slices provolone cheese
1 jar roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
4 eggs
Italian seasoning
Pre-heat oven to 350.  Grease a 13x9x2 casserole dish.  Unroll one tube of rolls and use it for the bottom "crust" in the dish.  Layer on the meats and cheese, adding in the sliced peppers.  (I alternated all of it)  Beat two of the eggs with a little Italian seasoning and pour it all over.  Unroll the second tube of cresents and use it to form the top "crust".  Beat the two remaining eggs with a little Italian seasoning and pour it over the top. (Note:  I added a tablespoon or so of olive oil to the top of my casserole as well)  Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes.  Uncover and bake 25 minutes more.  Let cool a bit, then slice and serve.

Isn't that pretty?
I served it with our favorite "salad" of late: grape tomatoes, red onion, olives...and this time I added cucumbers... with Good Seasons Italian dressing to marinate.
So much easier than making an oven sandwich and every bit of it disappeared!



Shared with
The Country Cook - Weekend Potluck

No comments: