Monday, February 10, 2014

Mealplan Monday #97 and the 6th collection of freezer meals

I made another slew of freezer meals last week right after grocery shopping.  I find that it's the best time to do it since I know I have everything and it's all ready to use.  Also, I have been relying on these meals to help carve out more free time for myself on my days off.  No stopping what I'm working on just so I can go cook!
******

Monday - Navy Beans in  crock with hambone from Christmas, corn muffins
Tuesday - Scalloped Potatoes with leftover grilled pork chops, lima beans*
Wednesday - Chicken Parmesan Enchiladas, salad
Thursday - Stouffer's Meatloaf, mac and cheese, peas
Friday - Mom and Dad out - boys get Papa Johns
Saturday - Dad grill
Sunday - (Freezer) Beef and Peppers in gravy, mashed potatoes, corn
Dessert this week is Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats
*I chop up the meat and add that with some bits of onion and bell pepper into a packaged scalloped potatoe mix.  So good!
******
For the Pulled Pork, I just followed the directions on the McCormick packet.  Will cook on low 8 hours or so.
For the Rosemary Chicken, I used a pre-packaged sauce and added boneless chicken thighs and artichoke hearts.  Will cook on low 6 hours.
For the Beef and Peppers I cut up a cheap roast and added a packet of onion soup mix, a packet of brown gravy, the rest of a bell pepper I had, some pepperoncini peppers, and 2 c. water. Will cook on low 8 hours or so.
For Chipotle Crumb Chicken, I mixed a dry chipotle seasoning I bought at Southside with crushed Ritz crumbs and coated boneless chicken thighs.  Might add a bit of grated cheese after cooking at 350 about an hour.
And the Chicken Pot Pie was 2 c. leftover cubed chicken, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, and i package frozen mixed veggies topped with a Pillsbury crust.





No comments: