Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Tourist in our town - Tanglewood

Scout and I have had a few afternoons to ourselves when we could visit the area parks and other pretty places.
This one is in northwest Austin at Tanglewood Park.  I brought the kids  here a few times years ago when I had all four to take exploring.  There is a playscape here and basketball court, as well as a pavillion with restrooms, but we mostly walked the trails.
 
There are these sidewalks that wind around the park on the inside.  When the kids were back in school, I would return here and walk the trails while I listened to my ipod.  It was great exercise and a lot of the path is shaded.
 
 
 
 Feels like you are out in the country for a stroll, but you can still hear the sounds of traffic and suburbia.  It was lunchtime, and we pretty much had the place to ourselves.
 Though the drought has hit all Austin parks hard, there are still places of beauty to visit.
 
 Don't let the shade fool you, though.  It was over 100 degrees that day.  Scout and I packed an ice water jug and are pretty acclimated to the heat by now.
 It was pretty secluded but apparently we weren't the only ones there...







No comments: