Monday, July 15, 2013

Mealplan Monday #67 and beachy dreams

I cannot stand it anymore.  We have got to go to the beach! 
 
I planned a pretty much spur-of-the-moment trip for my peeps and I to Port Aransas next week.  Just two days.  We are taking food, but it's really simple stuff:  freezer dinners, stuff for sammies, fruit, milk, OJ, snacks, sodas.  We will eat out a bit, too.  Even so, I still put together a plan...
 ******
Monday - Crock pot roast, masheds, green beans
Tuesday - Big salad with chicken strips 
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday - Beanie Weinie, corn
Friday - Leftover pulled pork on baked potatoes with green onions and monterrey jack cheese
Saturday - Dad grills
Sunday - Enchiladas, guacamole salad
******
 
 We will stay here - a block from the beach.  Nothing fancy, but it has clean, cool beds, a small pool to play in, TV and cable, and hot showers with fluffy towels.  Plus a kitchen with a fridge so we can make our own snacks and easy meals.
 We will eat breakfast on our patio and head down early in the morning to hunt for shells.  Play on the beach all day.  Then visit the tacky gift shops and candy store.  Eat some seafood out, then relax in the hot tub.  I don't even care if it rains, which is in the forecast...
The driving isn't my favorite part, but spending some time with my kiddoes away from home is!  And maybe we can plan a big vacay for next summer for the six of us, since we won't be sending anyone to Philmont...




No comments: