Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Creamy Guacamole

What do you do when you only have two avocados to make guacamole for six people?  
You thought you had three.  
You found the third one later, hidden in the back of the crisper.  Drat.  
You make:
Creamy Guacamole
I used two avocados, some lemon juice, and about 2/3 of a small container of sour cream. 
I probably could have used Greek yogurt as well, but I had sour cream on hand.
I peeled and quartered the avocado, then mashed it until the lumps were very small.  At this point I seasoned it with a tablespoon of lemon juice and some garlic salt.  Just did this to taste.
Then I added the sour cream, stirred til smooth, and chilled it until dinnertime.
It went great with the Cilantro Lime Chicken from the crock with rice, black beans, and flour tortillas.  
 
And there were no leftovers!  




Shared with:




4 comments:

Brandi Lee said...

Great idea for stretching guac! I might try this at our next cookout.

Amy @ the happy tulip said...

Yum! Definitely will be using this tip this summer. Thank you!

Winnie said...

What a creative idea!
I love this and would love to give it a try

The Better Baker said...

Oh yeh...I've eaten something nearly the same, but didn't have measured amounts. LOOOOOVE this - sooo glad you shared. Thanks for linking up at Weekend Potluck too. =)