Saturday, June 9, 2012

Broccoli Salad

This is a delish cold salad recipe that I have had for years but only made a handful of times.  Hubby and I like it - the kids, not so much.  Rather that waste a bunch of food, I stick to the tried and true most of the time.  But sometimes I rebel and make exactly what I want no matter who else does!
This salad is so good - bacony, sweet, chewy and crunchy.  I love it!
Broccoli Salad

4 c. raw broccoli florets
1/2 red onion, diced
3 t. cider vinegar
1 c. real mayo
8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1/2 raisins
2 t. sugar

Blanch the broccoli in salted boiling water for about 2 minutes.  
Drain (but don't throw out the hot water) and cool.
Pour some of that hot water into the raisins and let them sit while you chop everything.
Drain the raisins and add them with everything else to the cooled broccoli.
Aren't the colors pretty?
Cover with plastic wrap and let chill in the fridge for at least a couple of hours. 
******
 It actually tastes better the next day.  Serve with your summer meal - fried chicken or BBQ.  
Even if the kids won't eat it, it will keep a couple of days - more for me!




 Shared with:




1 comment:

Itsnotjustabouttherecipe said...

Your broccoli salad looks so refreshing. I love the all the color and the different textures. It's a winner! Thank you for sharing.