Monday, May 28, 2012

Mealplan Monday #10 and getting ready for summer

One day last week I paused from hanging laundry on the patio to watch a very tiny spider weave her web.  She was making dinner plans.  Well so was I!
******
Monday - Dad grill for Memorial Day
Tuesday - Cilantro Lime Chicken tacos, black beans, guacamole, sour cream
Wednesday - Turkey Picadillo, rice, carrots
Thursday - Seriously Scrumptious Drunken Pork Chops, masheds, frozen veggie
Friday - freezer leftovers
Saturday - Dad grill
Sunday - Grilled Cheese on Texas Toast bread with soup from freezer
 ******
Last week's Wal-Mart trip was expensive but in my defense, included a lot of non-grocery items that were pricey.  Even so, I have to get better at planning and couponing.  Summer means that although I don't have to buy as many drink boxes and granola bars, I still have to feed these people the same amount of meals.   And  I would like not to have to go into debt doing it!  Lunches here will be very simple.  But I still want to keep on trying new things for dinner...



No comments: