Sunday, March 4, 2012

No such thing as a junk drawer!

I was searching for something and realized it had been awhile since I had done a clean sweep on this drawer.  I like to call it my "office drawer" since it has tools I might need in my daily job as mom/cook/cleaner/chauffeur/cat wrangler...you get the drift.
Just a little jumbled.  But where the heck is my widget?  I need it!
I remember having to fish around for a battery last time I needed one so I put a recycled container to use.
A perfect fit.
Baskets and really small ziploc snack containers are my friends.  And I love clips.  All kinds of clips.  Especially those honkin' big paper clips.  So handy.
I snagged a magnetic paper clip holder from hubby's old desk and now it holds safety pins.  Odds and ends have their own tiny spot...mostly I want things to live where they make sense.  
So I can find them when I need them!
See our spare set of keys?  One driveway and four cars equals the automotive version of musical chairs...
I think it was 15 minutes well spent!  Some things were in this drawer that just didn't belong, so out they went.
Everything else got arranged neatly.  It pays to be OCD organized.
No such thing as a "Junk Drawer".  Space is too valuable at this house!



Shared with:
and

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great idea-my "junk" drawer is a disaster! Following you from TDC-stop by for a visit!