Monday, March 26, 2012

Mealplan Monday #1 - cut yourself some slack!

Last week was rough - no doubt about it.  Between my job, my family, and helping my mother with her cornea surgery, I felt like taffy - pulled in all directions.  So I purposely made sure that the menus for this week were easy so I could get stuff done I had been putting off!
******
Monday - Crock Pot Roast, mashed potatoes, green beans
Tuesday - Cafe Rio Chicken Bowls with rice, pico, black beans, guacamole
Wednesday - Stouffer's lasagna, mixed veggies (Freezer meal night!)
Thursday - Homebaked Mac and Cheese, oven carrots
Friday - Buffalo Chicken Sammies, sweet potato tots, coleslaw
Saturday - Dad grills
Sunday - Leftover Beef and Beans from freezer*, Cheesy garlic bread, salad
******
I'm cutting myself some major slack.  There will be a couple of homemade goodies in there, but by no means am I ready to disavow convenience foods.  They are so darn convenient. And they allow me to get dinner on the table in a reasonable amount of time. 
Mashed potatoes are easy to make, yes.  But when you have been cleaning your house and car and laundry and grocery shopping and.....you need a helping hand.  And a coupon for $1 off doesn't hurt either.  *Accidental recipe - no lie:  I put a pot of beans on to cook and added in what I thought was a frozen package of turkey wings.  It was meatloaf mix.  It turned out fabulous!





2 comments:

Andrea said...

I love meal planning. I am only able to get 3 days ahead because I find the food goes bad if I plan a week in advance. Thanks for coming by my blog and following. I love your blog and the combo of family and food.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

It all sounds yummy!I do my menu on Friday, shop on Saturday and TRY to to a little baking on Sun. afternoon but that doesn't always happen! Stop by this link on my blog -- I have some muffin and biscuit mix recipes that you make in bulk and they REALLY save time during the week! http://www.mywonderfullymade.blogspot.com/2012/02/time-saving-homemade-mixes.html