Friday, June 17, 2011

Museum of the Weird

I took the kids to a quirky Austin place on 6th street to see what it was alla bout...
Blink and you might miss it...
 "Oh, Museum of the Weird?...I have a delivery to make"...JK, I guess I will keep these kids... 
 Chock full of the creepy and unusual...
 The two headed calf...now that's a load of bull...ha ha
 Oooohhh....colored light displays make the fake seem real to me, somehow...
It goes without saying that since this is on 6th street, their main clientele are unsuspecting drunk tourist types...
a gorilla arm that sneaks from behind a wall to "grab" you scared  the life out of a visitor just behind us...
 Fur. On a trout. Rare. And weird, I guess.
But not fur real...I crack myself up!
 Look! Real live lizards!
 Which the kids got to pet.  And the very friendly guy (aka gorilla arm man) gave us a mini lesson on where and how he acquired these.  Hint: big lizards do not make good household pets...
 6th street is mostly known for it's restaurant and bar scene.  And for being expensive.  Which is why it cost us $5 each to view the displays in MOW...all of 15 minutes worth...
 But is was a nice day and fun to hang out and summer is all about exploration, right?





No comments: