Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lunch with my girl

It was a little too quiet today at my house so,
The Girl came home to have lunch with mama.
OK, not really.  she's having lunch with whomever she is texting.
And in between bites, she is socializing.
(But, to be fair, this was after she told me about an awful movie they had to watch in English class.)
me:   "Honey, can you let me take your picture?
You look so pretty today.
I love that your eyeshadow matches your shirt."
her:   "No, I shall ignore you now, but at least I will
put the phone down for 10 seconds.
Then I shall announce to you that I work til closing tonight,
grab my Sonic uniform, and hit the door.
As I pull out of the driveway I shall treat you to my loud boom-boom muzak."

Ahhhh....quiet at my house....not to be over rated.



No comments: