Monday, December 7, 2009

Cinnamon Play Dough Ornaments



I can't remember where I got this recipe from but by now it's all over the internet.  It's easy, smells good, and is fun to do. Mix equal parts ground cinnamon and unsweetened applesauce to make a dough. Roll it out like a pie crust - not too thin. You want your finished ornaments to be sturdy. Use a straw to poke a hole for hanging later.
 Use a spatula to transfer them to a flat surface where they will need to lie undisturbed for a couple days. 
Hang them on the tree, packages, etc. They last for years and hold their scent really well. I wouldn't recommend this project to very small kids who don't get the concept of not eating playdoh. It can't hurt them, maybe give them a tummy ache, but that's no fun! We've made these several times over the years and my kids really like it. I think it might have been the combination of a hands-on craft and the wonderful, Christmas-y scent. Have fun!




No comments: