Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Mrs. Claus' Kitchen

I've a little out of control with baking lately, mainly with sweets.  But I can't help it; the house smells so good and warm after wards, and everyone here loves a treat! 
Last Saturday night The Girl and I make pretzel candies with Hershey kisses and M&M's.  It was the first time we'd tried it, so of course, a few of the messy ones got eaten right away.   I packaged them up for hubby's family and people at work. Scout was our taste tester and he approved, so we're good to go on that one - next time, tho, we have to lay in a supply of wax paper!
 
The neighbors and family friends are getting cookies and Chex Mix.  Last night I signed up to bake even more cookies - the PTA needed help with cookie care packages for the teachers.  My specialty: gingersnaps.  So good warm from the oven!  They keep well and are awesome with a hot mug of cocoa.  I almost have the kitchen clean, the last batch is coming out now, time to eat lunch and head out for more errands...


No comments: