Monday, June 10, 2024

Monday menus #75

Last year I just let Father's Day slip by quietly.  I didn't have an agenda with that - I hope my (adult) kids spent some time that day thinking about Mark. But I'm done orchestrating their relationships to each other.  My goal is to encourage, not facilitate.
This year I suggested to Scout that he arrange a sibling day on June 16.  And I will tell all of them I am off Sunday afternoon and wouldn't it be nice if we could share a meal and some happy memories together?  Father's Day may feel hard to them, but losing the father of my kids was an earthquake in my life, too.

Monday - kitchen closed
Tuesday - Korean Beef Bowls with cauliflower rice and green beans {need to get an oil change on Subie}
Wednesday - (crockpot) Lemon Pepper Chicken Drums, chopped salad {podiatry appointment, clean the A/C coils}
Thursday - Cheese and Black Bean Enchiladas, corn on the cob {taking some of Mom's things to my sister}
Friday - Lemon Alfredo Chicken, skinny mashed potatoes, peas {clean outside windows, go get some mulch, meet with dietician}
Saturday - kitchen closed
Sunday - Most likely I will order food to go.


Gina

No comments: