Friday, April 6, 2018

A spring candle wreath

I made a pretty wreath for our Easter dining table!  I got the idea from Do It on A Dime.  She is always sharing ideas for decor and organization from Dollar Tree.  I decided to use it as a large "candle wreath" for a centerpiece on the table.
I bought $5 worth of stuff - a wreath, some sprigs of spring flowers, some moss, and some linen-look ribbon.  I just cut the flowers up into individual picks and stuck them into the wreath (no gluing), then poked some moss in and around them.
Then I made a very loose interpretation of a bow with some florist wire and placed it into the center of the wreath with a tall vase and a candle that I already had.
I dressed the table with a tablecloth that my mother brought back from her travels (Greece? Spain?  I will have to ask) and placed a couple of sweet bunnies nearby.  The Easter table was so pretty and Spring-y!  We ate on some vintage plates we have had for 30 plus years, but I didn't bring down the silver...however we did drink wine out of our $1 wine glasses from Christmas. (ha!)
I put the bunnies up until next year, but I loved the look of the candle wreath on a linen runner, so it stayed up all week.  Not bad for $5, eh?




2 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Gina! This looks wonderful! And to think that you did it so inexpensively. I am unfamiliar with Do it on Dime, but I’ve investigated and am going to keep a watch on the site. Being able to make Pottery Barn-type decor as cheaply as this is quite appealing. Great job!

The Happy Whisk said...

Great job, Gina! I love the low-cost. Yesterday we stopped in AC Moore and they were selling wreaths for 30 bucks and that was the sale price. OMG. No thank you!