Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Ready for tomorrow - almost!

On Sunday, we had plans for a fun afternoon and evening.  So since I knew the week would be jam-packed, I went ahead and set the table up for Thursday.  I added a leaf to the table, put the table pad on, ran the dampened tablecloth in the dryer to smooth it out, then set about trying to put it all together quickly.
 I pinned an idea from someone's blog a while back, where they had laid doilies down the middle of the table to make a sort of runner.  I have many doilies!
Some of them are thrifted, but quite a few were made by my mother.  They are vintage and fussy looking - perfect for that fancy schmancy silver.  I added the plates and stemware form Dollar Tree, napkins from Hob Lob (80% off!), the silver, some gold chargers I have had forever, and a couple of battery operated candles in some Dollar Tree candle holders. (there's a tiny remote control for them, too!)  Then I fished some burlap ribbon out of my stash since it was getting late to go find pretty ribbon...there are just not enough days off in the week!
It was all of $14 to make a pretty table. and we will have the plates and goblets for our Christmas table, too.  I've gotten an amazing amount done this morning:  made two pies, three side dishes, cleaned my kitchen thoroughly and unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher.  All that's left is actual cooking and enjoying our day tomorrow! But for now, I'm off to work...


1 comment:

Amy Anderson said...

LOVING your table runner! Very pretty! I need to make one myself.