Monday, December 19, 2016

What the week holds and the final push to Eagle

The final push is on for several things here and I am sure Bubbie is feeling the burn - I know his parents are.  On his very full plate is finishing up his Eagle work, finals and finishing up the semester, and practicing parallel parking so he can finish up on getting his driver's license.
On a dreary evening last week, I waited 2 1/2 hours for him to fulfill some volunteer hours at Austin Creative Reuse.  Not that I'm a nervous Nellie or anything...But no way was I just going to drop him off at a shop in a strip center across from a closed mall.  Nope. I'll just wait right here, son.
This will be the last year I buy a kid's ornament for the kids' tree.  (18 ornaments times 4 kids = not enough room on this tiny tree) I think it's fitting that the last one represents such a goal - he and his dad have worked hard to get him to this point.  Keep your fingers crossed that he gets everything done on time without losing his mind!  I haven't hung it on the tree yet, because I don't want to jinx him...  This week I am in charge of the Monday Mini Holiday party at work, taking Bubbie to the dentist (yet another drain on his free time), going to Brenham to take Christmas gifts to my mother, and hopefully meeting The Girl at Saddlehorn on the way home.  Hubby has traveling to do, and we have Christmas shopping to finish up, as well as planning Bubbie's 18th birthday.  New Year's Day will be here before we know it!  What does your week look like?


No comments: