Thursday, March 13, 2014

Leprechaun Chow - for The Girl

Bubbie and I made some St. Patty's Day Muddy Buddies for snackin' on and packing up for The Girl.
I ended up using two of the smaller boxes of Crispix since I couldn't find the big ones.  And pretty much the entire box of powdered sugar!
 I've never made Muddy Buddies - they aren't my fav snack as I find them to be waaay too sweet, but all of my peeps enjoyed the recipe.  Go here for the one we used.
 I put Bubbie in charge of melting the butter with the chips and the peanut butter.  Oops - mom forgot the vanilla.  Oh, well... Spreading the gloopy cereal out to cool was a pain and we made a giant mess!
 We had to shake the cereal in batches, then we piled them into this big roaster to stir up.  It's starting to look more like Muddy Buddies!
 I love it when he's in the kitchen helping, not just looking for food!
 At that point it became more of a fun recipe.  We tossed the Lucky Charms marshmallows in at the end.  Yes, we painstakingly removed every charm marshmallow from the Lucky Charms cereal.
 It's pretty and springy and she will enjoy the treat!
 She joked that Wednesday was her "half birthday" and since we didn't get to see her on her real birthday we made her up a gift bag of laundry soap, body wash, shampoo, Muddy Buddies...all the essentials.
 We tied it with a ribbon and met her at her apartment in Waco to take her out to eat, followed by buying her some groceries.
She's nervous about recruitment next week - already has three interviews lined up and there may well be more. It's been a boring Spring Break for her; she's done nothing but work.  It was nice to see our girlie and give her some supplies and love.






No comments: