Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Peachy Salsa Chicken

I find good recipes in the oddest of places sometimes - this one came from a Wal-mart flyer. Weird, huh?  But is was spicy-sweet delicious and everyone enjoyed it!
Peachy Salsa Chicken

1 package yellow rice
1 packet taco seasoning mix*
5 chicken breasts, cut in half
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 c. peach preserves
2 T. oil
Place the seasoning mix in a plastic bag; add chicken and shake to coat.  Heat oil in skillet and saute chicken on both sides until lightly browned. 
 
 Mix the tomatoes and the peach preserves, then pour over the chicken. 
 Cover and reduce heat to low for 20-30 minutes while you prepare the rice.
  Serve the chicken on top of the rice with a salad on the side.
 We loved jalapenos on ours, too.
*I made my own taco seasoning with chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and a smidge of Italian seasoning.  You could also add paprika, lemon pepper, and sugar.  Experiment!  Yum - I'm having the leftovers for my lunch today.




1 comment:

Michelle said...

I am writing this down. I an always looking for quick recipes that I can make up in a hurry. Thanks for sharing.