Monday, January 28, 2013

Mealplan Monday #45 and some fun thrifting

Thrifting was pretty fun last week - I spent a couple hours bopping around Salvation Army and Target.  Not so opposite as you might think.  I brought home $10 worth of stuff from Salvation Army:
 
A cute red and white long sleeve tee for moi, a Christmas pillow, a mug, a pretty china dish, and a small tripod for Hubby's digital camera.  I thought I also had taken a 3 hole punch, mint condition, to the register, but it somehow managed to not make it into my bag...hmmm...its entirely possible that I set it down while I was looking at something else, though. Oh, well.  I followed that up with a trip to target for a few miscellaneous groceries and found whole turkeys at 79 cents a pound, turkey breasts for 99 cents a pound, and spiral sliced half hams at 1.29 a pound.  I can away with some turkey and ham, but wishing I had a deep freeze...
******
Monday - Broccoli cheese Scalloped Potatoes with sausage, oven carrots
Tuesday -Mexican Breakfast Casserole, fruit salad
Wednesday - Chicken Pilau, garlic toast, spinach
Thursday - Mom and Dad OUT for his birthday, boys get pizza
Friday -  freezer Turkey Sloppy Joes, fries
Saturday - freezer pulled pork for tacos, black beans
Sunday - Bean and Cheese Chalupas with sour cream, salsa, guacamole
******
I was so excited to see this Avon mug marked to 5o cents.  I had one just like it for YEARS until one of my dear ones broke it, then neglected to tell me...weeks later I was cleaning behind the fridge and found a chunk of it.  It had been given to me by a sweet co-worker around 1996, and it had sentimental value.  Hopefully this one can survive as long as the last one did!





1 comment:

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Your menu looks yummy Gina! And that mug was a lucky find! Love the Christmas pillow too! Angie xo