Monday, October 1, 2012

Mealplan Monday #28 and thoughts about raising kids...

A co-worker and I were talking last week about raising kids.  She said she would love to hit the rewind button and do some things differently.  We talked about getting kids on a schedule and such.  About teaching them how to be reasonable about what you cook.  And about enforcing bedtimes - her method was to skip nap times so her kids would poop out by 8 p.m.  Then she could get some crap done.  Sounds like genius to me.
Personally, I think I learned more about what to do with my kids by observing other moms do what I didn't want to do.  And basically deciding we were going to have in a monarchy at my house - not a democracy.  It all worked out.
******

Monday - Leftover pulled pork in tacos, with guacamole, cheese, sour cream
Tuesday - Buttermilk Roast Chicken, roasted red potatoes, salad
Wednesday - Reuban sammies, creamy corn soup*, chips
Thursday - Chicken and Dumplings
Friday - Pizza, salad for the boys - Mom and dad out for anniversary?
Saturday - Dad grill
Sunday - Crock pot Mexican Chili
******

We have a no-spanking policy here, but that's not to say that my kids weren't ever threatened with a ruler or my hand on their backside.  I'm not Mother Teresa, after all.  I think that in the end, you just have to do what seems reasonable, fair, firm, and loving.  All those things together - applied to everyone in the house.  
But the Queen has to have the final say.






1 comment:

Marie said...

This post gave me a smile and you are right! :)