Saturday, October 15, 2011

Owl Love

I found this ceramic owl candle at World Market for $5, 
and added it to the mantle in the den. 
Cute!
The guy that rang me up said "Yeah, owls are pretty popular lately, for some reason..."  Ya think?  Which got me to thinking about where all I have them in the house...not saying I'm obsessed or anything...
 But they're in my kitchen...
 And the front room...


 
 and the floating shelves in my bedroom...along with a collection of dust - can't get good help nowadays...
And one is perched in a bookcase, too.  I don't want to wind up one of those old ladies who have owl earrings, and owl sweatshirt, and hand painted owls on her Keds.....but they sure are cute, and seeing them every day makes me smile!  What about you?  Got a thing for owls?





2 comments:

Marie said...

Your owls are really cute. I was laughing when I read the part about being an older woman and having owls all over the place : )
While living in California I lived right by the most beautiful 3 owls. A white one and two huge brown barn owls that were a pair. I could not believe how big they were.
Your marshmallow roast looked like a lot of fun!
<3

Debbiedoos said...

I am so into Owls this year too. Your collection and displays are adorable.