Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Vanity, thy name is mom



Rustown Art

I finally made it over to my neighborhood beauty salon and got the wig chopped.  It was looking a little wild.  It's taken me about 2 1/2 years to grow it out from very short, which I realize is not a long time. I've actually had it trimmed a few times during that process.  The whole reason I cut it short to begin with is...I was tired all the time, I had 4 kids, I had to work full time,  then I went to working part time (cause I had 4 kids) and I had absolutely no time to mess with it because I had 4 kids!!  Whew!!
Thinking of it makes me tired...
A couple years ago my husband kept repeating the same monotonous statement  "I liked your hair long". Yeah, well, I like it when we were 60 pounds lighter, and didn't have 50% gray hair, and you were more fun to hang out with, and we listened to Jazz while drinking wine, and thought we had a life!! 
Sob.
So I grew it out, and today I cut it back about 2 inches.  And it looks cute and is manageable, and is a good compromise.  Think I can get him to compromise, too?


1 comment:

Marie said...

Why do men love the long hair they do not have
to take care of? It is good to take care of you and make you happy :)