Thursday, December 3, 2009

Here comes the cold!

Rustown Art

The great thing about it being really, really cold the next few days is that I get to use my oven as much as I want! I went through my recipe box last night and picked out a few I'd like to do - old favorites and new ones, too. I made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cake this morning to send with The Girl on her trip to Ft. Worth. I figured I might as well use up the cranberry sauce so Cranberry Oatmeal bars went in next. That got me to thinking about other things we might like to snack on this weekend so I looked up ideas on PW and found her version of Chex Mix - the ingredients for that will go in my HEB cart this afternoon, along with hot cocoa mix. The crock pot is cranking away, so the oven will be free for the rest of the day....maybe some rolls to go with that beef stew? Gotta love this weather!


No comments: