Friday, September 19, 2014

5 thing Friday - roses, trail mix, clothes, computers, and less stuff

Things are settling back into a pattern here at Camp Rustown.  It's been a rough go for me, physically, mentally, every other -ly.  My knee and foot pain make me want to kill someone.  And yet I haven't called out at work or shirked my duties, either there or here.  More on that later...
We brought home some roses from Dallas two weeks ago.  My nephew rigged them up on this hanger to dry so they would stay upright in a dried flower arrangement.  A man after my own heart.  I do this with Valentine's roses for pot pourri, too.  However, I think I will move these to the garage - they smell a little like dead roses...yuck.
I made a Fall trail mix with pumpkin spice M&M's, golden raisins, and almonds.  Bubbie found it in the pantry so it didn't stick around for long.  It was merely "ok".  Next time I'll use Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips.  It won't necessarily need to be Fall-flavored.
Clothes shopping wears me out.  It's a little depressing and very time consuming.  But I slogged through an hour or so of it in Kohl's this week and found these two tops to wear with skirts for less than $5 total, and a pair of Lee jeans on sale for $30.  This is going to be a slow process.  I may resort to Zappos for the shoes.
I vowed to get all of my files and programs transferred from my old laptop to my new one and I DID IT.  Only took me about three weeks.  Have I mentioned that I am not technically savvy?  Again, the cat was in the way helped.  The only thing I left to do is work on my iTunes files, but that's not at the top of my list.
My next big project will be to further empty our master closet.  I got Hubby to admit that we needed to purge some more.  No one needs textbooks from college in the eighties.  No. One. 
Keep your fingers crossed that he is still on board and WWIII doesn't break out at Camp Rustown...




No comments: