Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Chocolate Chip Bacon Pecan Cookies

These were super delish and I had everything on hand to make them, so I did! Scout and I gobbled them up - they are best warm from the oven.  I thought they were some of the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever made.  Bubbie and Hubby took a little more convincing, but as my mother used to say:  MORE FOR ME.  

Chocolate Chip Bacon Pecan Cookies
5 strips good quality smoked bacon (not thick slice or peppered!), cooked crisp and crumbled
1 c. plus 3 T flour
1/2 t. each salt and baking soda
3/4 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/3 c. each white and brown sugar
1 egg
1 t. maple extract (or vanilla)
2/3 c. chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli semi-sweet)
1/2 chopped pecans

Cream butter and sugars.  Add egg and extract and mix well.  Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then mix into creamed butter and sugar, blending well.  Add bacon, chocolate chips, and pecans.  Mix well, then chill the dough a couple of hours.  Drop by rounded teaspoons on cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes at 350 - longer if you like jumbo cookies like we do!

I think the bacon lent a nice smokey sweetness to the cookie - 
try them and see what you think!


Gina

*Its been a few years since I've made these cookies, but we were just talking about it at work last week and I think it may be on my short list of cookies to make for co-workers!


Shared with:

No comments: