Friday, August 23, 2013

Frugal and creative Steak and Pasta Skillet

Sometimes I find a recipe I want to try, then I can't help but change it up to make use of what I already have.  Case in point was the Ranch Pesto Pasta from a couple weeks ago.
Turns out I had leftover steak in the freezer from grill night the week before.  And since my family balks at meatless pasta meals, I thought I would be frugal and creative at the same time!
 I sauteed some onion and garlic, added the sliced thin steak and some chopped de-seeded fresh tomatoes that were going too soft for salad.
 Boiled up some penne rigate, al dente.
 Shredded a half a block of mozzarella I found in the fridge.
 Stirred up a package of Knorr pesto sauce mix.
 
Tossed it all together and topped with parmesan to serve alongside zucchini.  It was gone in a flash, and was a great way to use the leftover steak.



Shared with:

No comments: