Monday, September 24, 2012

Mealplan Monday #27 - finding what works for the menus

 Time for Fall at my house!

One of the great things about blogging the menus  each week is that it allows me to reflect on what works and what doesn't as far as food planning goes around here.  I've been able to make changes based on what we like or dislike, what our schedule looks like, and who all is going to eat.  Case in point:  Hubby no longer takes lunch to work, as he chooses instead to take a breather in his car and work on his laptop while he chugs a meal replacement shake. That means we have to figure out what to do with leftovers.  Solution:  Cook smaller meals, or freeze leftovers as another meal entirely.  Sounds simple, but it hasn't been what I've done so much in the past.  I'm learning...
******
Monday - Chicken Pot Pie
Tuesday - Omelettes, tater tots, freezer biscuits
Wednesday - Skillet Lasagna, garlic bread, salad
Thursday - Pork Chops, sweet potatoes with apples, rolls
Friday - Saucy Chicken Thighs, baked potatoes, broccoli,
Birthday Cake for The Girl!
Saturday - Dad grills
Sunday - Freezer Mac and Cheese, salad
******
This year my meal planning menu has included Hubby grilling on Saturdays, an easy meal or frozen leftovers on Sunday, an order out day on payday Fridays, and budget meals the rest of the time.  Seems to be working out, and my freezer isn't as clogged with small containers as it used to be.  And I have more time to craft, even tho I am being frugal in that regard, too:
Last year's Fall wreath, spruced a bit with what I already had.






2 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

I like all these ideas! Especially the omelets and tater tots for dinner!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Love your fall decorating Gina! We often do "Dad grills on Saturday" and order out/in on payday Fridays too! Happy Fall! Angie xo