Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter sussie jars

My kiddos are a little old for baskets at 21, 19, 15, and 12..... and  I wanted to do a little something different this year.  In fact, the past few years we haven't used baskets for Easter treats - one year it was colorful bowls from IKEA (that went directly to my kitchen afterwards), the next year was a large plastic egg with Swedish candy (again, from IKEA), and the year before that I got carried away and did buckets which had way too much stuff in them and had nothing to do with the real reason for Easter anyway.  
So scaling it down seems appropriate!
I started with the rest of my collection of mason jars and some smallish Easter candy - jellybeans, peeps, Cadbury eggs - even pina colada tics tacs cause they are so spring-y looking!
I filled each jar, jumbling it all together.  
I'm not a huge fan of peeps, but they look cute squished in here...
I made some bunny head tags and cut around each one with my fancy craft scissors.  
Then tied them onto the jars with curling ribbon.  This will be a sweet little treat waiting for them when we get home from church.  And yes, the jars will eventually return to the kitchen!
E. Bunny is a tradition my mother started and in fact, she still sends me Easter treats. 
You're never too old for candy!



Shared with:
and


4 comments:

Jen said...

What a great idea! Perfect gift for teachers, neighbors, anybody! Thank you for the idea.

Marie said...

Love this idea! May have to try this one! THank you!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I love the mason jar idea! :) The Peeps do look cute in there...I like Peeps, but only when they're very fresh. :)

Thanks so much for the visit to my blog! :)

a.M. said...

Cute idea!