Wednesday, April 13, 2011

How we spent Monday

Bubbie got hurt on Monday after school.  Riding his bike over to a friend's house, he lost control of it when he turned a corner of the street covered in loose gravel.
Slippery gravel + bike going fast = wipeout
Too bad they don't make a "helmet" for your belly...
He landed on the handlebar, injuring his abdominal muscle.  A good sized hernia resulted, with a loop of bowel poking up.  Surgery was needed to close the gap.  It wasn't exactly a fun experience, but everyone was so nice to him at the hospital - it really made me proud to say I work there.  The surgeon fixed him up, and we are back at home....
...some of us more relaxed than others!
And a couple of parents I know have a few more gray hairs...



2 comments:

Marie said...

Oh my....I am sooo thankful He is ok and so sorry he had a fall. I know it must have been a great comfort for you to have people you know and respect taking care of him. Wishing him and you guys a speedy recovery.
<3

a.M. said...

How scary! I'm glad to see he's doing much better.