Wednesday, February 17, 2010

One project down...

Today I picked up the re-upholstered couch.  And I have two words:
HOO.  RAY.
Let's review:

Yikes.  Blue lampshade has to go, along with all the blue gee-gaws on the shelf above. 
Ditto the "orange" upholstery on the couch.
Printed chairs - not happening.
And the pics above the sofa - love those. 
But the scale is off. 
They look too small for that area. 
Ahhhh...so much nicer! Walls are a lovely shade of light sandy brown, chairs are a soft moss., couch is cinnamon colored. Shade is now cream.  Still need help with the shelf above and I'm open to suggestions!  A lot of those framed pics got moved to albums.  Also, might add a rug and a large framed print or painting.  I'm probably going to leave the furniture arranged the same since this is a living room/dining room and I want it to be as "open" as possible.  Now, might be time for me to move on...I have so many other things to do...



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your room looks so beautiful!!!
hmmm...are you going to keep the shelf? I keep seeing 3 separate canvas long in shape and wide.
Does that make sense? You can create
them and make your own art i.e. simply paint 2-3 different solid colors
or whatever combination for a modern look. Or pick something that is a favorite to adhere to the canvas like fabrics??? Or, 3 mirrors? Just a thought. : )
p.s. love the new look of your blog! how did you do that?

Rustown Mom said...

I probably will keep the shelf as it house some things that are sentimental and breakable. I like the mirrors idea - good feng shui! I have time to mull it over. I'm obsessing over the blinds for now! The blog design is from Shabby Blogs - free. I think it looks sort of homemade and reminds me of my mother!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of feng shui when I mentioned the mirrors but was not sure you were into that! Thanks for the information on the blog design.
It really gives a "warm and cozy" feel!
Look forward to seeing what you do with the room and blinds...there is always something to do...right?
: )