Monday, February 27, 2017

What the week holds, and more time at Highlands

Last pics of Highlands for a little bit...
I drove up there on Saturday for a day of fun.  Hubby had been up there doing some odd jobs and enjoying some time off as well.  Still a lot of work to do, projects here and there.  More junk to be cleared.
 This is our future front door view...
 
 
There are lots of these giant piles of old cedar around the property.  I don't know that we will ever clear it all.
 But there are also big swaths of grass, which Hubby mowed.
One of my fav parts of the property are the cliffs of ancient seabed that border it.  Ferns and moss grow here in the cool shade.  It will be a couple of weeks at least before we go out again - maybe longer.  This week I am on call (boo!), my mother turns 87, Hubby starts a new adventure on Wednesday, and The Girl will visit the second half of the week since busy season at her job will be officially over.  It was great to start with Sunday off...I got so much done to prepare for the week.  
What does your week look like?


Gina

2 comments:

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

OH MY!! How wonderful is that going to be??!!! What a beautiful spot to live in -- not sure where this is since I'm new to your blog but my goodness . . . that would be MY dream to live in such a peaceful place! Definitely looks like a lot of work ahead but oh, so worth it! Enjoy this 'close to spring' week!

The Happy Whisk said...

What a lovely space. Projects here and there, that's what I'm up to here in our trailer. Some are done ...some are less done.