Monday, September 5, 2016

What the week holds, and my new Life Scout

Last Monday night we went to the Court of Honor meeting for scouts because Bubbie was getting a couple of merit badges and his Life Scout designation.  Let me me just state for the record:  scout meetings on Monday nights for an hour and a half after I have worked all weekend and all of Monday are not my favorite thing.  I felt a little guilty when two other moms hugged me and said "I haven't seen you in SO LONG!"  But its not like I don't support my kids in their endeavors - I am a working mom and with four kids I could not go to every. single. activity they were involved in.  Sometimes Hubby and I took turns - it just had to be that way.  Life as a working mom is all about walking a balance beam between what you need to do and what you want to do.  Heck, for any mom, whether she works outside of the home or not.
 Bubbie doesn't ever give me a hard time about not going but I think he is happy when I do.  Usually I am exhausted by 7:30 p.m. on Mondays and am seated in front of a PBS show with my wine while dinner cooks.
He says he isn't buddies with the other scouts, but I think after sharing an adventure at Philmont, they have more in common.
The scout clock is ticking for Bubbie - in December he will age out of Boy Scouts.  He could join as an adult, but I highly doubt he will do so.  Maybe when he has boys of his own someday...
This week is PACKED.  All of us are off today and may go out to Burnet, but I am on call the next two nights so we'd have to be home by 2:30 p.m.  On Wednesday there is an early morning doc appointment and Back to School Night (our last ever) at the high school.  There is evening band practice on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings, and morning practice on Thursday and Friday.  I have an early meeting on Thursday, and will help with catering before the game that night.  Friday I will play catch up on all things domestic.  And on Saturday, I will (hopefully) have half a day off to visit with The Girl here.
Fall is craaazy around here with everyone's schedules and such...
What does your week look like?




No comments: