Monday, January 6, 2014

Mealplan Monday #92 and the close of the holidays

The last loose ends to tie up after Christmas and New Year's:  me working a few extra hours, The Girl traveling home for a day to get her car's headlamps replaced and some Austin errands done, my mother and sister stopping by for lunch after the eye doctor, laundry caught up on, menus planned...and the Christmas decorations put away.
And just like that, it seems like the holidays ended and a fresh start begun.  Without the tree, the front room seems bare!
******

Monday -Crock Pot of red beans with leftover grilled chicken, corn muffins 
Tuesday - Tilapia Tacos
Wednesday - Chicken nuggets, lima beans, Crack Potatoes
Thursday - Omelettes and toast
Friday -Chicken and three cheese tortellini, salad
Saturday - Dad grill
Sunday - Hamburger Helper, green beans, garlic toast
Dessert this week will be Chocolate Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies.  I'm still working on using up some of the food we have and will try to cut waaay back on grocery shopping this week.
******

The boys and I didn't travel to Waco as originally planned last Thursday.  It just made sense to me to send The Girl the money instead of putting it into my gas tank.  And besides, she had to work til 5:30 p.m. that day.
So, I scrounged around the freezer and found the ingredients for delish smoked turkey and veggie soup with big curly noodles. And both of those things made me feel smarter, if not more frugal!





No comments: