Friday, September 21, 2012

Goodwill to the rescue

Recently, I pulled out a NEW pair of Bubbie's shorts from the dryer that had dried paint all over them.  First, I had a cow.  Then, I pulled out a stiff brush and some nail polish remover and presto! the paint came out.  I re-washed them and read Hubby and the boys the Riot Act - there are no "old" clothes to paint in at the beginning of the school year.  And kids don't have old clothes anyway!  They either have school clothes, or clothes they've outgrown.  So, yesterday I headed to Goodwill to see if I could find some shorts that would qualify as "old" for him to paint, go camping in, etc.
 Score!  For $10 I got two pair of shorts, some heavy duty cup hooks, and a brand new Catching Fire book for Scout.  The cup hooks are destined for the hall closet, to help me organize.  And, I found this cute little item:
...which I think is a napkin holder from long ago and is a new bills holder for my desk.
A coat of oil rubbed bronze - I love it.
Shorts were purchased, some organization done, spray paint was used...
 All is now right with the world.





Shared with:

2 comments:

Raj Thandhi @Pink Chai Style said...

I had to laugh because I go through this every school year - within a week some of the new clothes look like painting smocks! Love the napkin holder/bill holder - pretty:)

Raj
Pink Chai Style

Elizabeth @ Lizzis Creations said...

It's only good to come back from the store with more than you planned to buy if you're shopping at Goodwill. Great finds! I love Goodwill. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting!