Friday, May 18, 2018

5 thing Friday - eye woes, stock, breakfast, pie, summer

 Selfies for me are so awkward...I was only trying to document my watery eye.
 
I am {hopefully} getting over an eye infection - on my left in this photo.  Where it came from I have no clue, but my eye has been watering these thick tears that sometimes slide down my face like I'm crying out of one eye.  Weird!  I have a tiny tube of erythromicin ointment that I am going to keep putting in there until it runs out.  Then back to the doc if it hasn't cleared up.
I have been making a whole chicken in the crockpot, shredding the meat, then throwing the bones and such back into the crockpot for a few hours with some seasonings to make stock.  Recently I took a jar of it to my mother's house and used it for Dr. Martin's mix.  I also made mire poix for the freezer - another nice thing to have on hand.
I'm trying to be sure an eat breakfast every day - once it gets past 10 a.m. it's really more like brunch.  But if I don't eat a decent one, I am DYING before 3 p.m. when I take my break at work and sneaking chocolate every time I pass the candy jar. 
I made a pie fail in that no one would really eat it.  It was diced apples and craisins that I soaked a bit, then spooned into a homemade crust, folded the edges over, sprinkled with sugar.  I loaded it up with butter and cinnamon and thought it was pretty decent.  It got ignored.  And I'm going to clean the oven and not use it much this summer.
Speaking of summer...I have started up my walk routine again and hope to shed some excess weight.  Yes, my clothes still fit, and yes, I feel fine.  But I would love not to cringe when I see photos of myself.  Maybe that has less to do with weight and more to do with making memories.  This beautiful wildflower field was at a favorite winery.  Hubby and I are definitely looking forward to summer!



Gina

3 comments:

Kim said...

I tore my cornea recently...no idea how, lots of drops and doctor visits and yup, selfies. I am not a fan of them either!! Hope you feel better super soon!

Rue said...

I'm with you and Kim... not a fan of the selfies. I'll take them, but it's 100 pics in before I'll not want to throw up lol I hope your eye feels better!

xoxo,
rue

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I hear you on the selfies. I’ve tried taking them, but my head inevitably ends up looking like an eggplant.