Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Sunday dreamin'

It promises to be a crazy week here, so Hubby and I got the heck out of town on Sunday.  First stop:  Canyon of the Eagles for breakfast brunch.
We sat out on the deck, wondering how much rain we were going to get.  Hubby made friends with the waiter (because he's friendly to complete strangers), and we stuffed ourselves with puff pastries, scrambled eggs, migas, sauteed spicy onions and peppers, bacon and ham, and skillet potatoes.  So good and needless to say, we skipped lunch that day!  Then we headed out to Highlands for the afternoon, and left just before the storms.
As spring merges into summer here, with all of the hoopla so much change, it's nice to have these getaways to help us slow down a bit and relax.  Hopefully, I will be able to stick to my schedule of  last minute reminders this week and keep my wits about me.  Here comes graduation and all that it brings!  Happy last day of May...




No comments: