Monday, October 27, 2014

Mealplan Monday #134 and making it work

I bought myself a nice, big purse a couple Christmases ago, with gift certificates and extra moola.  It wasn't inexpensive, but I did get it on sale. (I believe in getting what you pay for on most things)  Cheap purses are not for me!  Anyhoo, it had this little strap that snapped over a pocket.  First I tried to adapt to it, then I pinned it out of my way..
 ...then I just got out the seam ripper and dispensed with it. For Pete's sake, I don't know why I have lived with it being a pain for so long.  Years ago, I worked at a Laura Ashley shop and I would always clip the tags out of my dresses and skirts.   Itchy things, even if they are pretty, take the fun out of wearing them.  Whenever I told customers what I did, they were horrified.  I guess the tag was worth more than the clothing item to them...
 That's just plain silly.  This is a much better spot for my phone to live in.  Works for me!
******
Monday - Chicken Pot Pie - Scout cooks
Tuesday - Manwiches on Hawaiian buns, chips - Bubbie cooks
Wednesday - (Freezer Meal) Leftover Chipotle Chicken Pumpkin Soup with garlic toast
Thursday - Hamburger Helper, salad (oh, yes I am, and one of the boys can cook...)
Friday -  Pizza?  SCOUT'S BIRTHDAY!!
Saturday - Dad grills
Sunday - Ranch Pork Chops, masheds, veggie
Dessert this week is cake and ice cream in honor of Scout's 19th birthday!  (I can't even believe he is 19!!) Hopefully by the end of the week, my knee will be well on the way to normal.
******
And here is where she lives - my chair at the dining table - ready to be grabbed on my way out of the door!




1 comment:

Michelle said...

I clip the tags too! They drive me crazy