Wednesday, September 12, 2012

21 years ago...

We set off for the birthing center early in the morning...and by a little after 3 p.m., we had a new baby girl! 
We brought her home at 10 p.m. that night and life was forever changed for our little family.  Suddenly Firstborn was a big brother, and Hubby and I were the parents of two kids under 2.  An adjustment we had no experience with, but were certain was the right path, and determined that it would all work out.
Little did we know what the transition would be like, to go from one child to two.  It was rough.  Sometimes I would think to myself "What have I gotten myself into?".  I felt exhausted, overwhelmed.  But eventually we all settled into a routine and Firstborn became more curious, less jealous, and the baby was very good.
 And I found that my patience was growing, too. 
Though I was so tired, I had a full heart as well as a full lap.
Eventually it was like second nature, having two kids.  Life returned to "normal" with everyone getting enough sleep and attention and my two wee ones became best of friends.
Adding to your family is no small thing.  But I am so very glad we have our sweet girl...
and to think...there were two more to come!






2 comments:

Marie said...

I remember sweet Chloe' arriving.
xo
<3

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Awww! That is such a sweet rememberence! Happy Birthday baby girl! Angie xo