Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer snack makin'

Last week, I got the boys off the computer and into the kitchen to help make some yummy things for the week:  Rolo Cookies and Taco Snack mix.  Go here to read about the Rolo cookies.  This time we used graham crackers and vanilla wafers.  The snack mix disappeared - good thing I made extra for the freezer.
Taco Snack Mix

4 cups Crispix cereal
4 cups oyster crackers
4 cups cheez-its crackers
4 cups mini pretzels
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 packet taco seasoning mix
1 boy
Preheat the oven to 275 early in the day so you don't swelter in your Texas kitchen! Pour all of the dry ingredients into a large pan.  I use my roaster for such things. If you have some dibs and dabs of other chips, like Fritos, add them in, too!
Give it a stir.
Mix the oil and the taco seasoning packet well.
Drizzle it over the cereal and cracker mix as you stir.
Set your oven timer for 45 minutes, and stir every 15 minutes.
Spread on newspaper or paper towels to cool and drain.
Store in air tight container.
I like taking a big zip loc bags of snack mix with us when we go to the pool or park.  This recipe got a thumbs up here, and it was fun to have the boys in the kitchen!  I am inspired to keep them even more busy...



Shared with:

3 comments:

Full Circle Creations said...

Great snacks! I love that you got the boys involved! Thanks for linking up to the All Star Block Party!

Holly

momto8 said...

yum! always a hit..everywhere, everytime!!

Anonymous said...

Definitely pinning this one.. I LOVE IT!!! Simple, easy, and YUMMY!!! I have everything but the one boy. HAHAHA! I'm a new follower...

Thanks for sharing at the ALL STARS BLOCK PARTY
Carri
simplydonewright.blogspot.com