Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What not to do...


Here is something I learned yesterday and I'm passing it on to you.  You might thank me one day.
When your daughter goes away for college the second time, getting an apartment with a one year lease that just about guarantees you won' t see her before Thanksgiving, don't:
 ...get her stuff out of the closets to get it ready for her brother to move into this empty room and 
stand too long staring all all the stuff...
 ...noticing the doll house she got for Christmas from Santa one year and admire it;
you will be transported in time.
Those underbed storage boxes full of her Barbies, Beanie Babies, and other childhood mementos where you can see the contents?  Yeah - don't open them...
 Don't gaze at her handprint from when she was 8...and picture her hand in yours...
Pay no attention to how empty her room, and the house, seems without her
the bubbly, happy personality of your family...
If you do, just grab your tissues, have a good cry, and move on with your day.  
Trust me.


4 comments:

Marie said...

It is sad :(
My daughters are like the sunshine to me too....
The good news is she is not far away and you could always hop in the car on a weekend and drive up for the day, right? <3

The Moore Family said...

That makes me sad! Hang in there, Gina... I'm already dreading the "grown up" days...trying to hang on to this time now.

Holly said...

Awwww...sniff! I'm not quite there yet, but it makes me sad just thinking about it!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Note taken! I am not looking to this day either! Please pat yourself on the back for a job well done though! You got a child safely off to college! Angie xo