Friday, September 25, 2026

5 thing Friday - boob lights, paint, chickpeas, front door, Gina

I don't know that there is necessarily a season for home projects - I feel I've been at it for the entire year. Or, five.
The electrician that installed my garage light will be coming today to remove the non-functioning ceiling fans in two of the bedrooms and install with these very simple light fixtures.  Are they fancy? No, just functional.  He laughed when I said I wanted boob lights.
These 5 gallon containers with a bit of leftover paint in them take up a lot of space in the garage.  So I bought some 2 qt. lidded containers at Home Depot and transferred enough to handle touch-ups. There wasn't much left and I will take them to the City of Austin recycle center. Along with those fans.
I reinforced the seal on the containers with a little cling wrap and tape, then labeled them and placed with my other touch up containers in the hall closet where they won't bake to death.
Another benefit of having actual storage space I can use.
Trader Joe's has these canned cumin and parsley chickpeas in olive oil that are delicious served cold on a salad!  I'm not normally a fan of chick peas, but this was very good.  I spent a little extra money on groceries this week to fill in some empty spaces in my freezer and fridge and eat healthier.
Its hard to see in this photo, but there is a gap in the front door and the weatherstripping needs to be replaced.  I don't know why I have been putting this off...probably I just don't want to do it.  But the cavalry is not going to arrive any time soon, so its on the list of things to address today. I also want to repaint the door and clean the whole area up.
I would also like to re-do the cling film on the transom, the skinny window,
and the dining room window.  Once upon a time, it was all this floral cling, but it has faded quite a bit (over at least 15 years) and I want something a bit different up there now.  The hardest part of this project was matching the seams, which sort of shrunk over time, leaving a tiny gap of light.  Its time for this to go.
If I'm being honest, I'm ready for a lot of things to go.  But they have to resolved in the right way, you know?  Everything takes time.


Gina

No comments: