Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Penne Pasta Skillet

Here is another "working woman's friend" recipe that  also freezes well if you happen to be mindful enough to plan ahead, or if you have leftovers...I usually fall into the latter group...

Penne Pasta Skillet

1 pound ground beef or turkey
1 jar of your favorite sketti sauce
2 c. water
3 c. uncooked penne pasta (we happen to like penne rigata!)
1 c. shredded mozzarella

 Can you tell where I shopped this week? (:
In a large covered skillet, brown the meat then drain it*.
 then add the water and the spaghetti sauce.
 Stir in the pasta, and bring it to a boil. 
Lower the heat and cover it, letting it simmer gently for about 20 minutes.  Take it off the heat, sprinkle the cheese on top, and re-cover it while you fix a salad or some garlic cheese bread. (For that I spread on a mixture of butter, garlic, and parmesan cheese on half a loaf of French bread and broil til browned and crusty)
******
A pretty simple recipe, and one you could change up depending on the sauce you use, and even the pasta...so simple a kid could make it; tonight was Bubbie's turn to cook.  I LOVE getting the boys into the kitchen.  It makes them more likely to eat it up!




Shared with:


*I  rinse the meat after I brown it - it's just my quirky way of getting as much fat off it as I can (:

1 comment:

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas said...

Hey Gina, this looks so good covered in cheese. I never thought of rinsing the meat. Thanks for sharing with Sweets This Week!